Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of DiabetesTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cut Off, LA
March 4, 2016
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members shared practical strategies for managing high morning glucose numbers, with protein-rich evening snacks like cottage cheese, peanut... Read more

Members shared practical strategies for managing high morning glucose numbers, with protein-rich evening snacks like cottage cheese, peanut butter with apples, and fat bombs emerging as popular options that many have found effective. Several members described how adjusting meal timing by eating larger lunches and lighter dinners or finishing dinner earlier in the evening helped lower their fasting glucose readings. A recurring theme was the universal frustration of waking up to high numbers despite different approaches, with many still searching for the right combination of diet, timing, and medication adjustments while balancing the risk of nighttime lows.

A DiabetesTeam Member

I have high morning readings too. My numbers are lower when I eat protein for my evening snack. A little peanut butter with fresh apple slices seems to do the trick - when I remember to eat it, that is.

March 8, 2016
A DiabetesTeam Member

I also wake up to high sugars each morning. My dr suggested eating larger meal at lunch time and smaller evening meal.

March 7, 2016
A DiabetesTeam Member

cottage cheese is what DLife recommends. Just before bedtime.

April 20, 2016
A DiabetesTeam Member

Me too.mornings are always higher. My doctor doesn't want to increase my night meds... Afraid I will go to low.

March 8, 2016
A DiabetesTeam Member

Believe it or not when my number are higher I eat cheese. I think, and I am not a professional. The fat conbats the sugars.

March 7, 2016

Related Questions

View All
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lake Stevens, WA

A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Halifax, NS

A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Eastern cape

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In