Thank you! I never thought of nerve damage.
October 23, 2024
When blood sugar levels are very high, such as 400 mg/dL and up, the kidneys work overtime to filter the excess glucose into the urine. This can lead to frequent urination. However, if you are only dribbling instead of urinating a lot, it could be due to:
- Nerve Damage: Diabetes can cause nerve damage in the urinary Show Full Answer
When blood sugar levels are very high, such as 400 mg/dL and up, the kidneys work overtime to filter the excess glucose into the urine. This can lead to frequent urination. However, if you are only dribbling instead of urinating a lot, it could be due to:
- Nerve Damage: Diabetes can cause nerve damage in the urinary tract, impairing sensory function and making it difficult to fully empty the bladder.
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs): High blood sugar levels can increase the risk of UTIs, which can cause difficulty in urination.
- Enlarged Prostate: In men, an enlarged prostate can obstruct urine flow, leading to dribbling.
It's important to consult with a healthcare provider to determine the exact cause and appropriate treatment.
October 23, 2024
I have nerve damage, and sometimes I cannot tell if I need to urinate or not. I go try anyways, every 2 hours
October 24, 2024