For me shock, even though I had all the symptoms. Then acceptance, and research.
Answer Summary
Members shared their varied reactions to being diagnosed with diabetes, ranging from complete shock and denial to quiet acceptance or even... Read more
I was angry at myself for letting myself go, knowing that diabetes runs in the family and cried for the rest of that year. Have a blessed day 🙏.
I laughed, because it was the latest condition in a long line of things starting with a gastric haemorrhage in late August 2009. I'm afraid that Dr.G. didn't take my reaction well. Was it shock or disbelief, or denial, that triggered my bizarre reaction during that phone call?
Actually, one thing after another can be funny. One of my favorite blues songs is sung by Buddy Guy: Where Is The Next One Coming From."
I can't say or I'll get banned. Lol! Better now about it, have to be or it doesn't get better and brings on a ton of other problems.
I have Cheerokee Indian in me also Georgene, 65%