Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of DiabetesTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Western cape, South Africa

Good afternoon
I have received my VivaCheck blood glucose meter yesterday.
I have done my first test at 15h00 and it was 6.2
Today at 15h00 it shows me 3.2
What am I supposed to do because it is very low. I'd made myself a nice cup of coffee with 3 tea spoon of sugar and 2 slices of bread. Can i still using my insulin?
I'm bit scared. Should I take another test again before taking the shot?
Jerome

February 15, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A DiabetesTeam Member

Prayers πŸ™πŸ»

February 16, 2024
A DiabetesTeam Member

I was diagnosed by my house Dr year 2005 and was using metformin 500. Now I'm on insulin, no longer using metformin

February 16, 2024
A DiabetesTeam Member

Do a fasting test first thing in the morning before breakfast. Try not to eat later than 20h00 the night before. Then test a hour after breakfast. Who diagnosed you with diabetes and what insulin are you on? Do you also take tablets?

February 15, 2024
A DiabetesTeam Member

Always test when you have a sugar low and after the sweetness,that way you will know for next time how much sweetness you actually need.

February 15, 2024
A DiabetesTeam Member

I'm using my insulin once at night only around 16h30
10 units

February 16, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Western cape, South Africa

A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Pooler, GA

A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
QUEZON CITY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In