I'm not unhappy of my chronic disease. I was diagnosed with type 2, 2005. About 3 weeks ago if correct diagnosis with type 1. Was abit scared of the insulin or rather the needle. Now I get used to it. I have noticed that there is big changes since using the insulin. My eyes not blurring. My eye balls not so painful as it was before. My urine is not soapy anymore. My itching skin return to normal now and sleeping much better now. But the graving for food is abit to much for me. My weigth was 75kg… read more
Hi Jerome! Here are some key points about type 1 diabetes from the knowledge base:
- Prevalence: Only about 5 percent of people with diabetes have type 1
- Diagnosis: It is usually diagnosed in children or young adults.
- Cause: Type 1 diabetes is caused by an autoimmune reaction where the body’s immune system mistakenly Show Full Answer