Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of DiabetesTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Derry, UK
June 9, 2017
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared practical solutions for nighttime leg cramps, with magnesium emerging as the most recommended remedy, whether taken as tablets,... Read more

Members shared practical solutions for nighttime leg cramps, with magnesium emerging as the most recommended remedy, whether taken as tablets, powder mixed in water, or paired with calcium and vitamin D. Several members also mentioned bananas for their potassium content, adequate hydration throughout the day, Coenzyme Q10 for those on cholesterol medications, and topical Voltaren gel for immediate relief. A recurring theme was the importance of identifying potential underlying causes like arthritis, sciatica, medication side effects, or electrolyte imbalances to find the most effective approach.

A DiabetesTeam Member

Are you taking Cholesterol medication that lists muscle pain as one of the side effects? I take Coenzyme Q10 to stop the muscle cramps. I drink plenty of milk during the day.

June 12, 2017
A DiabetesTeam Member

Buy a super Magnesium powder. I large scoop a day in water. Tastes nice. I buy Carusos...There are other brands.I live in Australia but they must be sold worldwide...with regards Val.

June 11, 2017
A DiabetesTeam Member

Hi Valerie thanx for your reply - I bought some Magnesium tabs today - whr do u get the powders

June 10, 2017
A DiabetesTeam Member

Lauren....I take magnesium powder in water everyday..It's fruit flavoured.It works really well.No more cramps...All the best...

June 10, 2017
A DiabetesTeam Member

voltaren on the muscles stops the hurt in bed. voltaren = Diclofenac diethylammonium

June 28, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rocky Face, GA

A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Doncaster, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In