"My day is good--have been extra busy with activities I was unable to do before---so am enjoying a more social life---my hip, after fall, seems to be healing itself. Am enjoying the warmer weather, watching a lot of rare birds, likely just passing thru, on migration route--life is good! Hope all is well with everyone!!" -A member on DiabetesTeam
On DiabetesTeam, the social network and online support group for those living with type 2 diabetes, members talk about a range of personal experiences and struggles. The impact of diabetes on our members' social lives is one of the top 10 topics most discussed.
Here are some question-and-answer threads about social life:
• What are some healthy lunch ideas if you are going out to fast food spots?
• I feel worthless to my wife. How do I deal with these feelings?
Here are a few conversations about social life:
• My social life is increasing! I sing in a choir that meets every Sat morning.
• I try to active by being social with friends and family.
• I think that keeping an active social life helps to keep on track. When you're not depressed it's easier to stay the course don't you think?
Can you relate?
Have another topic you'd like to discuss or explore? Go to DiabetesTeam today and start the conversation. You'll be surprised just how many others may share similar stories.
Feel free to ask a question here.