Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of DiabetesTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Rocky Face, GA

I have gas and bloating, especially after eating foods high in fiber. It makes me so gassy I feel like I'm smothering.

6 days ago (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A DiabetesTeam Member

@A DiabetesTeam Member
Thank you. I will try that. My doctor told me to take a probiotic. I haven't had to have a shot for diabetes in almost 3 weeks..I was taking Bacsid that the hospital put me on. It isn't helping. I have been doubled over with gas pains today. I have had several antibiotics through my life. I was checked for gluten, lactose intolerance, and c diff. All negative. Thank God. You have a very blessed day as well.πŸ™πŸ’–

6 days ago (edited)
A DiabetesTeam Member

I have a gastro doctor. He never did the endoscopy to see what's going on. I'm firing him 😑. That was the whole point in me being referred to him. My pcp thinks it could be gastroparesis. Other foods makes me gassy. I'm constantly belching. Even water makes me belch. It's avery uncomfortable feeling 🌬

6 days ago
A DiabetesTeam Member

Probiotic is super good…I like Align or I buy them through Temu, they are cheaper them and works just like Align. Have a blessed day πŸ™πŸ».

6 days ago
A DiabetesTeam Member

Hi Joyce … yes I had one of those too! Believe or not I decided to get RESILIA, the one on TV. Give it a couple of days and it works! I feel so much better, how bad can it be it’s Oregano.
Have a blessed day πŸ™πŸ».

6 days ago
DiabetesTeam

Gas and bloating from high-fiber foods is really common, especially when fiber intake increases too quickly. While digestive enzymes are sometimes used for this, it's best to check with a healthcare provider before adding any supplement to a diabetes care plan, since some can interact with medications or affect blood sugar.

Show Full Answer

Gas and bloating from high-fiber foods is really common, especially when fiber intake increases too quickly. While digestive enzymes are sometimes used for this, it's best to check with a healthcare provider before adding any supplement to a diabetes care plan, since some can interact with medications or affect blood sugar.

There are some practical steps that can help reduce that uncomfortable gas and bloating:

- Increase fiber slowly β€” don't jump to high amounts all at once
- Drink plenty of water β€” this helps fiber move through the digestive system more smoothly
- Rinse canned beans before eating them to reduce gas-producing compounds
- Cook dried beans with herbs like epazote, which can help reduce gas
- Start with smaller portions of high-fiber foods and gradually increase If the bloating and gas persist or feel severe, it's worth mentioning to a doctor. Sometimes ongoing digestive discomfort in people with type 2 diabetes can be related to other manageable conditions worth checking out. A healthcare provider can run the right tests and point toward the best solution β€” including whether a specific digestive enzyme or fiber supplement might actually help.

6 days ago

Related Questions

View All
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Kansas City, MO

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In