Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of DiabetesTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Greentown, PA
August 23
 · 
Reactions
A DiabetesTeam Member

An ambassador is not a title, but a way of life.

In person I help 10-20 people a day, sometimes more. that I didn't know with random acts of kindness.

On this site I help more than 600 people a month. Sometimes over 2000.

I welcome every person who comes on this site. In one of my welcome messages I give each person a primmer with the information I wish my doctors had given me when I was diagnosed with diabetes.

If they refer back to that lengthy welcome message they can learn what they can do to live their best lives with diabetes.

So establish a history of helping or interacting with people on this site.
----------------------------
My Bride and I, live full and happy lives. We leisurely travel the world.

Last Monday we went to a Philadelphia Philles baseball game. We were in our usual seats on the aisle in section 316. A foul ball was coming directly at her face.

She trusts me to protect her so she didn't even flinch. I didn't see it till it was about 10 feet from her face. I must still have cat like reflexes. I reached over and was careful not to elbow her and grabbed the ball and handed it to her.

After going to the loo. Earlier in the game she was talking to the Usher for our section and the next section. While watching our Philles at bat.

He said that in only about 1 of 10 games does a ball make it up into the 3 sections he normally takes care of in this 3rd deck. So when the Philles were done batting. She was allowed to come down and sit with me.

That's when the batter ... Christopher Sanchez was pitching to fouled one back up into the our section.

The rest is history. For the rest of the game Everyone kept congratulating her on catching the ball. Since we are on the aisle everyone going to concessions or the loo, we have to get up to let them pass.

Now we are in Benazette Pennsylvania in the mountains several hours from home. And our 3 youngest grandsons are tent camping with their parents. It's always an adventure with the things our World ranked Ninja Warriors will do.
----------------------------
I share about our travels so others can virtually come along with us.

Have a wonderful day.

August 24 (edited)
A DiabetesTeam Member

You earn it by helping people. I was 1 for a year and a half. I have been working hard on this site, helping others. I am trying to earn that title back. I was foolish to walk away from it.

August 24

Related Questions

View All
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Alexandria, VA

A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
TX

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In