Answer Summary
Members responded to concerns about foot and ankle swelling with practical advice rooted in personal experience, suggesting possible causes... Read more
Swollen feet and ankles can be a sign of kidney issues, especially in people with diabetes, as high blood sugar can damage blood vessels in the kidneys. However, it could also be related to other factors like circulation problems or side effects of medications. Since you've already reduced sodium and are on diuretics, it's Show Full Answer
Thank you very much, Margaret. And, Merry Christmas to you as well. Thank you for your concern. They're still a little swollen. I do plenty of toe raises and walk a lot but I am definitely going to cut down on my sodium intake. Hope you and all those you love are doing well this holiday season. Take care.
I used to get swollen ankles when my glucose was too high but once I got it down the swelling went as well.
Just a little, Margaret. I'm going to buy compression socks.π€
@A DiabetesTeam Member
Blood pressure tablets did this to my husband Larry.
All swelling disappeared when his meds were changed. π