Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of DiabetesTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I am a 21 year (1981-2002) Royal Canadian Airforce (RCAF) Vet including a Two year stint with the US Navy (exchange duty) during the first Gulf War

I had to suffer through a 21 month shore posting after war ended working at unit on Oahu, Hawaii (NCTAMS EastPac)- talk about a "rough posting" 😁

May 27, 2024
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members warmly responded to a question about veterans in the group, honoring those who served and those who didn't come home. Many shared... Read more

Members warmly responded to a question about veterans in the group, honoring those who served and those who didn't come home. Many shared deeply personal stories of family members who served in World War II, Vietnam, and more recent conflicts, with one member recounting how her husband survived a mortar blast in Vietnam that left him paraplegic at just 18 years old. A recurring theme was gratitude and remembrance, with members describing Memorial Day traditions like placing flowers and flags on graves, emphasizing that the holiday is meant to honor sacrifice rather than simply celebrate.

A DiabetesTeam Member

I'm not a veteran of any war but thank all that have been in the service. I don't know why this holiday has turned in to a "Happy" party day. This is to remember all that have served or died- not to have a blast. Remember those that didn't come home.

May 27, 2024
A DiabetesTeam Member

I was a member of the Michigan Air National Guard from 1967 until 1973. My unit, the 127th Reconnaissance Technical Squadron, was responsible for taking aerial photographs from our RB 57 jets. I worked as an Aeorospace Ground Equipment Technician in servicing equipment linked to aircraft maintenance.

May 27, 2024
A DiabetesTeam Member

My Dad served in World War II; went to language school and learned French; later served as a medic’s assistant. Still have his WWII duffle bag.

May 27, 2024
A DiabetesTeam Member

At 19, I was expecting to get drafted and then fell ill with some form of arthritis which lasted for a few years. In the interim , I was given a 4F, disqualifying me from the service. My dad was in the Army(world War 2). I salute all veterans for their service.

May 27, 2024
A DiabetesTeam Member

I'm not a Veteran,but my step dad was. He was a gunner in Vietnam. Often he would take his medals out and show them to us. He even had a couple of Purple Hearts. Every Memorial Day we take flowers,and a flag to put on his grave. I salute all Veteran's, past and present🫡

May 27, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Inverary, ON

A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Inverary, ON

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In