Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of DiabetesTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Poplar Bluff, MO
February 27, 2024
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members overwhelmingly endorsed continuous glucose monitors like the Dexcom G7 and Libre 2 as transformative tools for managing diabetes, with... Read more

Members overwhelmingly endorsed continuous glucose monitors like the Dexcom G7 and Libre 2 as transformative tools for managing diabetes, with many sharing that they would never want to go back to finger sticks after experiencing the constant feedback and ability to track Time In Range instead of single numbers. Several members highlighted practical benefits including instant readings through phone apps, helpful alarms that can wake you during dangerous lows, and valuable insights into food triggers and insulin timing that led one member to switch medications and achieve consistently wonderful numbers. A recurring theme was the challenge of insurance coverage and affordability, with members offering workarounds like Walmart test strips for those without coverage and sharing hopeful news that Dexcom plans to launch an affordable, prescription-free CGM for non-insulin users in summer 2024.

A DiabetesTeam Member

We have a couple of users including @A DiabetesTeam Member who could give a first hand review

And there is a bunch of us that use the Libre/Libre2

If you can get a CGM covered, I would wear it regardless of brand - it is a whole new way to manage - I wouldn't want to have to give up my Libre2 - I have been using Libre for a couple years straight now, off/on since 2018 and it's been so long since I "stuck my finger" the fingers can't remember how uncomfortable it is 😁

With a CGM you stop worrying about a single "number" and instead manage your Time In Range (TIR)

My Libre2 takes a reading 1440 times a day - that is a heck of a lot of "sticks"

February 27, 2024
A DiabetesTeam Member

Yes, I use it and really like it. I also use the Sugarmate app with it. Sure beats all the finger sticks.

February 27, 2024
A DiabetesTeam Member

It is wonderful...took Dr forever to talk me into it.but so glad.I did its actually teaching me alot about triggers and setting limits you should try it

February 27, 2024
A DiabetesTeam Member

You may be able to get a finger prick monitor and cheaper test strips from Walmart.

February 28, 2024
A DiabetesTeam Member

I love my Dexcom 7, it is so helpful knowing your glucose numbers continuously. It helps me see in real numbers and times how food affects my levels. I especially like the alarms I don’t usually have lows but the couple of times I have the alarms woke me out of sleep and I was able to address the situation. Hope this info is helpful.

February 27, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Poughkeepsie, NY

A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Inverary, ON

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In