Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of DiabetesTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
December 13, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A DiabetesTeam Member

About 90% of those diagnosed with diabetes are type 2, so most of the chatter is about type 2s.

There are many type 1s here. They appreciate the upbeat, kindness, family style of people here. Yes there are dedicated type 1 sites. The flavor is different.

Most of the information here applies to all diagnosed with diabetes. Many type 2s are insulin dependent, so there are a lot of commonalities.

Most diagnosed with diabetes, do diabetes medications. I eat to my blood glucose meter. I eat to achieve nondiabetic type numbers, 4.0(72) to 7.8(140). This prevents adding to the cumulative vascular damage from glucose spikes, that numbers above 7.8(140) contribute to.

I am personally limited to 5 net carbs per meal to attain these numbers. When I was finally diagnosed February 2021, my A1C was 13.5. 3.5 months later my A1C was 4.9. I maximized my net carbs while eating to my blood glucose meter. The carb loading I can tolerate is lower than most.

Most diagnosed with type 2 are limited to 100-130 net carbs daily to obtain the best diabetes outcomes. Some can tolerate 80 daily, some 50, some 20-30. Then there is me at 5 per meal.

Slowly cut your carbs. Lower your insulin use, control your numbers, and live your best life with diabetes. Love you. Praying for you. Want only the best for you.

Never give up, never surrender, never ever.
You got this.
Have a wonderful day.

December 14, 2023

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In