Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of DiabetesTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Centurion, ZA
October 24, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A DiabetesTeam Member

Go to the Atkins website and look at Atkins100. The meal food choices are specific and detailed. Try it.

October 31, 2023
A DiabetesTeam Member

Hi Carel. Best I know, limiting carbs is best for diabetics. That's because carbs turn into sugar in the body. For many years I thought I was doing good by avoiding sweets, but ate carbs instead (breads, pasta, starchy potatoes, etc..) That was a mistake. I now know better and have to limit my daily carb intake to under 130 grams a day, or 30 grams each meal-plus snack. Each person is different, and some have to eat less carbs. I think most good LOW CARB diets are good for diabetes: Mediterranean diet, DASH diet, South Beach diets are good options. Good luck-you can also "google" low carb diets. I got started on the South Beach diet. Here is a link for more local ideas for you.
https://www.diabetessa.org.za/healthy-meal-plan...

October 24, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
QUEZON CITY

A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Embrun, ON

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In