Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of DiabetesTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Inverary, ON

This is a bit of a public service announcement for Insulin users in Ontario in case you have not heard yet

Recent changes to those that get their Meds through ODB, Trillium or any of the private insurance carriers that follow their guidelines "may" see a prescription change to a different, biosimilar brand of Insulin

For those using Lantus (from Lilly pharmaceuticals) will be switched to Basaglar - still made by Lilly, just a new/improved formula

Humalog (Lilly) users will switch to Ademlog… read more

September 30, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A DiabetesTeam Member

Johanne Ontario switched over to the Libre2 almost a year ago now - we had to switch, couldn't get the original sensors at the pharmacy anymore

The cost was the same and the product really is improved over the original and if you can scan with a smartphone the latest release of the APP is awesome - auto scans the sensor every minute so you don't even have to do a manual scan - really great feature

October 1, 2023
A DiabetesTeam Member

Just when I got into a routine-Graham messed me all up..

Oh that’s right…I’m in the USA!!!

Good luck:))

👍

September 30, 2023 (edited)
A DiabetesTeam Member

Same thing here in BC. A few months ago I switched from NovoRapid to Trurapi and never noticed any difference.

October 4, 2023
A DiabetesTeam Member

That is great news and information for those on insulin in Canada 🇨🇦 Thank you Hugs 🥰

September 30, 2023
A DiabetesTeam Member

Yeah I switched over to Libre 2 months ago, but I had 8 Libre 1 spares throughout the yrs, when they replaced or if i did not apply any while waiting for a medical test, but I had kept 2 Libre 1 for myself so I had to use my old reader, we found 1 pharmacy for Aaron who gave us their last one in March and they are the ones who told me about Libre 1 being phased out till they had none left. The Libre 2 is for the most part more accurate, but I prefer to use the reader and use it as a glucometer also to compare. I usually log onto my computer for the data's and so on, not ready to use my phone just yet. But my reader if I leave it in another room and am away more then 15 min it starts vibrating saying I am out of range, it has woken Arm up at times as it will not stop vibrating till you get to it and it asks you if you wish to scan now or not lol. I took alarms off it but did leave the vibrate mode on. When I scan if numbers are too low or too high (not often) it also vibrates a warning, so in that sense yes the Libre 2 is more helpful alerting me when out of ranges or when away from reader too long. It will also vibrates if my number changes dramatically, so yeah I am liking the new features. I also like that it overshoots my numbers by about 0.5 to 1.0 difference instead of reading too low, so less false hypos.

October 2, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rocky Face, GA

A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rocky Face, GA

A DiabetesTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rocky Face, GA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In