I guess meaning to have a coffee or tea(of course plain) and just talk IRL about this, to get more educated
@A DiabetesTeam Member there certainly is no rule in the group regulations etc that would forbid or prevent that and not sure they could actually enforce it anyhow - this is a world wide group.
Just on a personal level I would exercise the same care and judgement that you would use on any other (social media) group before I met up with someone that I had been chatting with.
Certainly meeting up with other Diabetics in person can have great value. I work with a group that provides education, guidance and mentoring to Type 2 Diabetics and we usually like to meet up in groups of 5 or 6 which can really give you some good perspective. Because what works for one may or may not work for someone else but everyone can exchange ideas.
Thank you